Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

To prevent spammers from joining the forum, please email info@imagecraft.com after you register, so that we can approve your membership. Sorry for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

#ifdef colours insidde C files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #ifdef colours insidde C files

It would be really great if the comment colours could be applied to any code affected by #ifdef and other hash commands.

We usually have the #define defintions in a header file and the optional code in a c file and changing the #define state does not currently change the code colour across files.

Note that it does work if the #define is in the same file as the #idfef. Thanks

This is a known deficiency with the core CodeBlocks technology. Basically, the highlighting would require a full project C processing and the current engine that CB uses is not sufficient for the cross file #ifdef. This is a major undertaking to do so there is no way we can handle that ourselves. However, we monitoring CB development and as soon as a fix is available, we will incorporate it.

Comment

Thanks Richard. This is not a showstopper just a nice to have feature. It always throws me when I add a #ifdef to the code and the next lines appear commented out even though the #ifdef is true.

Comment

Originally posted by fdixon View Post
        Thanks Richard. This is not a showstopper just a nice to have feature. It always throws me when I add a #ifdef to the code and the next lines appear commented out even though the #ifdef is true.
        It annoys the heck out of me ;-) Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
        X