App Builder not starting on Win7 and Win10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App Builder not starting on Win7 and Win10

I finally got around to installing CB on all of my machines: an old XP box at home, my Win7 work machine and my new
    Win10 laptop. Sadly the AppBuilder refuses to start on the Win7 and Win10 boxes. It seems to think there is no active
    project but, as you can see below, there is. The XP box works as expected so I'm good for the moment but I'd like to get
    them all working. This happens whether I have the dongle plugged in or not.

Click image for larger version  Name:	App Builder.gif Views:	1 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	206

Did I screw up the install or do I need to set a path somewhere?

Bruce
    Last edited by obparham; 04-16-2018, 05:13 PM.

I think the error message may be misleading. What's the device set in Build Options->Target? It should be set to "Custom", for example.

Comment

The project target is set to "ATMega128". Changing it to "custom" had no effect; still no active project found.

The project was created using the New Project scaffold main() which I noticed has main typed as int with a return 0.
      Changing it to void and removing the return statement, sadly, had no effect either.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by obparham View Post
        The project target is set to "ATMega128". Changing it to "custom" had no effect; still no active project found.

The project was created using the New Project scaffold main() which I noticed has main typed as int with a return 0.
        Changing it to void and removing the return statement, sadly, had no effect either.

Bruce
        Sorry, I meant DON'T set it to Custom. I cannot duplicate this and I am on Win7. Can you email me your project and I will try it? support@imagecraft.com

Comment

Hi, we also a problem with Windows 10 64bit. Nothing happens, but when right clicking to Run as Administrator, we get the same error message - no active project found.

However, I did find that creating a project on the local C: drive instead of the Google Drive G: did fix this issue.
          Last edited by fdixon; 05-10-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I think I've found the reason why AppBuilder isn't starting and it's a problem that bit me 10 years ago: WinXP, and I assume later versions,
              allow paths up to 256 characters.

I took the source files of a project that refused to run AB, copied them into a directory with much shorter path and created a new project.
              Bingo! AB runs like a charm.

Still no clue on on the debugger though. I've installed and uninstalled drivers and it still throws a NULL exception at startup...
              Last edited by obparham; 05-17-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by obparham View Post
                Still no clue on on the debugger though. I've installed and uninstalled drivers and it still throws a NULL exception at startup...
                Bruce, can you please start a separate thread on this debug issue? Please specify which version of the IDE and behavior (and OS) etc.

The Application Builder is coded with very ancient technology (i.e. Delphi 5), so not surprise with path length limitation. I will make a note somewhere.... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X